For the Steak
- Gorgonzola cheese
- Filet beef (150g per person). You can use another cut if you prefer.
- Salt and pepper
- Butter and oil
Red Wine Sauce
- Slice the cheese into 1/4" slices (or 4mm). There should be enough slices to prepared to cover the flat surface of your steak.
- Cut the fillet into 1.5" thick pieces (about 3 fingers thick). Rub salt and pepper on all sides of the beef.
- Pre-heat your frying pan to a med-high heat. Ideally use a cast iron or thick bottomed pan to create a nice sear on the steak.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter with oil in the pan. Add a clove of crushed garlic.
- Fry the beef, turning every 30 seconds until you reach your desired internal temperature. Set aside for 5 minutes to let the steak cook slightly.
- Layer the gorgonzola cheese evenly over the top of the steak.
- Melt the cheese with the flame of the Airlighter until it starts to drip over the edges.
Our favorite side include
- Garlic asparagus
- Potato Gratin